|Year 1||Course Name||Course ID|
|1. Introduction to Public Health||PH 100|
|2. General Chemistry||PH 101|
|3. General Biology||PH 102|
|4. General Physics||PH 103|
|5. Communication Studies||COM 101|
|6. Fundamentals of Mathematics and Statistics||STA 103|
|7. Computer Fundamentals||IT 104|
|8. Intensive English||ENG 110|
|Year 2||Course Name||Course ID|
|1. Biostatistics||PH 200|
|2. Environmental Health||PH 201|
|3. Communicable Diseases||PH 202|
|4. Non Communicable Diseases||PH 203|
|5. Social Science||PH 204|
|6. Medical Entomology||PH 205|
|7. Research Methodology 1||REM 218|
|Year 3||Course Name||Course ID|
|1. Epidemiology||PH 300|
|2. Community Health||PH 301|
|3. Health Ethics||PH 302|
|4. Water, Sanitation and Hygiene||PH 303|
|5. Family Health||PH 304|
|6. Public Health Nutrition||PH 305|
|7. Research Methodology 2||REM 304|
|Year 4||Course Name||Course ID|
|1. Health Systems||PH 400|
|2. Occupation Health and Safety||PH 401|
|3. Pollution and Health||PH 402|
|4. Food Health and Safety||PH 403|
|5. Health Promotion||PH 404|
|6. Health Economics||PH 405|
|7. Independent Project||IP 406|
Rules and regulations for Admission to SOUMA
Admission of applicants will be based on consideration of individual academic attainment with experience and recommendations. Admittance of students who are physically, mentally or emotionally challenged will be accepted at the discretion of the University’s Admissions Committee. Students with slight to moderate learning difficulties may be admitted if it is believed that their needs can be dealt with by the University’s Educational Support Programme and the students can be placed in the regular classroom for most subjects.
Entry to the SOUMA programmes will be open to ALL applicants that satisfy the following:
1. Certified valid full FINAL Secondary School Certificate or equivalent with credit passes in English, Mathematics and any one Science subject AND acceptable passes in another three subjects.
2. Mature career oriented applicants holding a full Secondary School or equivalent with at least three years experience in Business/Finance, or HRM oriented field or any relevant field of work with documented competence and expertise in the specific knowledge and activities backed by strong recommendation from the employer.
3. A Level certificate holders with business orientation who have at least three principal
passes and an aggregate score of 12 points will receive subject to subject exemptions in
year 1 and/or may be admitted into second year.
4. Holders of Diploma, Advanced Diploma, HND and Professional Certificates from
recognized institutions will be considered entry at an appropriate level commensurate
with their awards.
5. Applicants as per 1 above may be subjected to an aptitude test covering four areas: English, Mathematics, Reasoning and Analysis and General Knowledge which one must attain a minimum of 50% pass WHILE applicants falling under 2 to 4 may be subjected to an interview covering, inter alia general global business knowledge.
6. Final selection of the above applicants to SOUMA is competitive and on merit based on the basic aggrega: initial entry requirements plus results of the aptitude test and/or the interview.
Have you been looking at universities in Malawi, Zambia, South Africa and beyond? If you are keen in obtaining a professional career-focused education, we urge you to learn more about SOUMA. Remember, not all universities are created equal. At SOUMA, we are ‘Primus Inter Pares’ – FIRST AMONG EQUALS.
For a quick response to all your comments please contact us by going to the CONTACT US page.